Jayes Collier LLP is committed to ensuring that client complaints are dealt with promptly, fairly, openly and effectively
If you have a complaint, please contact Anthony Jayes, our client care partner in writing. You can write to him at Jayes Collier LLP, 68 Parkway, Camden Town, London, NW1 7AH. If your complaint is in respect of Mr Jayes then you can address your complaint to Mary Collier.
If necessary your complaint will be forwarded to the partner in charge of the department involved in your complaint.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within five working days of us receiving your complaint.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a section within the central register for your complaint. We will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
3. We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgement letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to hear from us within five working days of your reply.
4. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps:
· we may ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within five working days;
· we may examine the reply and the information in your complaint file. We may then ask them for more information. This will take up to five working days from receiving the reply and the file.
5. We may invite you to meet Mr Jayes to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint. We will do this within three days of receiving all the details we need from the member of staff who acted for you.
6. Within three working days of any meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions we have agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter. This will happen within five days of us completing the investigation.
7. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
· Mr Jayes will review his own decision within five working days;
· we will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it. He or she will do this within 10 working days;
· we will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.
8. We will let you know the result of the review within five working days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
9. If you are still not satisfied, with our response you have the right to contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint. There are time limits for so doing which we will tell you. Please find below a link to the Legal Omudsman’s website.